The packaging design for chips cannot be boring. After all, chips are joy, fun and pleasure. They are not essential products, but for many people life without chips seems fresh.
The popularity of chips is very high. But competition in the market segment of snack products is quite powerful. And in the demand for chips from a particular manufacturer, a huge role is played by successful advertising and good packaging design for chips.
Chip Packaging: Features and Key Requirements
Packaging requirements for chips are determined by the specifics of the product: fragility, susceptibility to moisture and odors, high in fat and spices.
Packaging should protect chips from external influences, preserve their freshness, taste and crisp properties. Packaging for chips should be convenient and practical, not cause difficulties during use and transportation. And, of course, the packaging for the chips should be attractive.
Types of packaging for chips
Chips are sold in bags, boxes, tubes and even cans. The most common is flexible packaging for chips. It is lightweight and has a low cost. Cardboard, metal, or other hard chips are more expensive options. But also more reliable, ensuring the safety of the product in any conditions.
Chip Packaging Design: Key Trends
What should be the packaging design for chips?
- Noticeable – so that the buyer immediately found his favorite product on the shelves of the store.
- Appetizing, evoking pleasant associations with the upcoming enjoyment of crispy and delicious chips.
- Unique, emphasizing dignity and distinguishing among the mass of similar products on store shelves.
The packaging design for chips depends on the brand’s marketing strategy. The most effective methods are as follows:
- A cheerful, vibrant, dynamic design is a win-win option for a youth audience. Chips are positioned as a fashionable and necessary element of the lifestyle of a modern person. The design may contain humorous motifs and various characters;
- Emphasizing the naturalness and organic origin of the product. Chips packaging design can be made in eco-style. This approach allows you to erase stereotypes and arouse customer confidence;
- Emphasis on premium products. The minimalistic design of the packaging of chips with discrete graphics and clear print is intended for true connoisseurs.
Creating a packaging design for chips requires a thorough study of the target audience, analysis of the competitive environment and understanding of the main trends. A competent and creative design attracts customers and contributes to the commercial success of the product. Therefore, professionals should be entrusted with developing the design of the package or label.
Design Studio TSD – packaging and label design
Want an effective package or label design for your product? Do not waste your time! You can order the packaging design and labels right now – directly on our website or by phone numbers indicated in the contact information.
You can see examples of our work on the portfolio page.